Director of Faith Formation: Maria Oswald (702) 871-1904 x288
One is fully initiated into the Roman Catholic Faith when the Sacraments of Initiation have been received.
“Be sealed with the gift of the Holy Spirit.” “Peace be with you.”
The prophets of the Old Testament foretold that God's Spirit would rest upon the Messiah to sustain his mission. Their prophecy was fulfilled when Jesus the Messiah was conceived by the Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. The Holy Spirit descended on Jesus on the occasion of his baptism by John. Jesus' entire mission occurred in communion with the Spirit. Before he died, Jesus promised that the Spirit would be given to the Apostles and to the entire Church. After his death, he was raised by the Father in the power of the Spirit.
Confirmation deepens our baptismal life that calls us to be missionary witnesses of Jesus Christ in our families, neighborhoods, society, and the world. . . . We receive the message of faith in a deeper and more intensive manner with great emphasis given to the person of Jesus Christ, who asked the Father to give the Holy Spirit to the Church for building up the community in loving service.
Requirements for Confirmation at Christ the King
- Students must be 15 years old or in 9th grade.
- Provide a copy of baptismal and birth certificates.
- Must be a baptized Roman Catholic.
- This is a consecutive 2 year program.
- Parents involvement is required as this is the primary responsibility of the parents. (Canon 914)
- Family must be registered and actively participating in our faith community. This includes regular attendance at our weekend Liturgy.
- It's mandatory for students to attend the yearly retreat and weekly scheduled sessions to fulfill the requirements.
Requirements for Adult Confirmation
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Provide a copy of baptismal, first communion, and birth certificates.
- This is a 7 week program that meets once a week.
- ** The course requires 7 enrolled participants in order to start. Click HERE for more information.
For more information on the Sacraments, contact the Faith Formation Office.