Director of Faith Formation: Maria Oswald (702) 871-1904 x288
One is fully initiated into the Roman Catholic Faith when the Sacraments of Initiation have been received.
Jesus said: “Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.” We first enter the Roman Catholic Community through the sacrament of Baptism.
The origin and foundation of Christian Baptism is Jesus. Before starting his public ministry, Jesus submitted himself to the baptism given by John the Baptist. The waters did not purify him; he cleansed the waters. . . . Jesus did not need to be baptized because he was totally faithful to the will of his Father and free from sin. However, he wanted to show his solidarity with human beings in order to reconcile them to the Father. By commanding his disciples to baptize all nations, he established the means by which people would die to sin – Original and actual – and begin to live a new life with God.
In Baptism, the Holy Spirit moves us to answer Christ's call to holiness. In Baptism, we are asked to walk by the light of Christ and to trust in his wisdom. We are invited to submit our hearts to Christ with ever deeper love.
Requirements for Baptism at Christ the King
- Are you registered in the Parish?
- If not, you do need to worship with us at weekend liturgy for at least 4 weeks.
- To register, click here to fill out and submit the online church registration form.
- Click on 'ENGLISH' or 'SPANISH' below to access the Baptism information packet.
- Both Godparents must be Roman Catholic and provide proof/certification of Confirmation.
- When the Baptism packet is complete and turned in, your Baptism can be scheduled.
- A $100 suggested donation is due upon scheduling the date and time of the Baptism.
How do adults prepare to receive this sacrament?
- see RCIA
CTK BAPTISM REGISTRATION INFORMATION PACKET
For more information on the Sacraments, contact the Faith Formation Office.