Director of Faith Formation: Maria Oswald (702) 871-1904 x288
One is fully initiated into the Roman Catholic Faith when the Sacraments of Initiation have been received.
The Eucharist in the Catholic Church is a sacrament celebrated as "the source and summit" of the Christian life. The Eucharist is celebrated daily during the celebration of Mass, the eucharistic liturgy.
Requirements for First Holy Communion
At the Passover meal Jesus took the bread and said: “Take this and eat, this is my body.” He then took the cup and said: “Take this and drink, this is my blood, the blood of the covenant, shed for many for the forgiveness of sins.”
- Provide a copy of baptismal and birth certificates.
- Must be a baptized Roman Catholic.
- This is a consecutive 2 year program that begins in 1st grade.
- Parental involvement is required as this is the primary responsibility of the parents. (Canon. 914)
- Family must be registered and actively participating in our faith community. This includes regular attendance at our weekend Liturgy.
How do adults prepare to receive this sacrament?
- see RCIA
Click HERE to REGISTER